The attached PDF contains the bulk of the submission, as submitted to Ashburton District Council before 1159am on 20/5/2022 by Chris Abbott for Spokes Canterbury.
The specific details not captured from the submission follow:
Ashburton District Council Draft Play, Active Recreation and Sport (PARS) Strategy Consultation
- https://www.ashburtondc.govt.nz/ashburton-district/Plans,-Reports-and-Strategies/our-strategies/sport-and-recreation-strategy (portal page)
- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LHCJJLG (actual survey)
This document records the detail that is not captured by printing Spokes’ submission.
3. Does the draft strategy capture what you see as the key issues facing play, active recreation and sport?
Please explain your position
The draft strategy does not address the gap between home and the locations for active recreation and sport. We would like to see Ashburton District Council
– State the importance of active transport as part of their active recreation and sport strategy.
– Demonstrate their support by ensuring that for each facility there is an explicit plan to have safe separated paths for pedestrians, cyclists and other active transport users. Spokes recognises that not all facilities can or should have such infrastructure but many can and plans should be “SMART” ie Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely.
5. Do you have any other comments on the draft Play, Active Recreation and Sport Strategy?
Our ranking of the objectives is subjective – they are all good!
Spokes Canterbury (http://www.spokes.org.nz/) is a local cycling advocacy group with approximately 1,200 members and is affiliated with the national Cycling Action Network (CAN – https://can.org.nz/). Spokes is dedicated to including cycling as an everyday form of transport in the greater Christchurch area specifically, and the wider Canterbury area in general.
We would like the opportunity to appear by teleconferencing at any public hearing held to consider submissions on these projects. Should there be an officer’s report or similar document(s) we would appreciate a copy(s).
Please note that trying to print this page truncates all the dialogue boxes including this one! Printing – to printer or PDF – should capture all the information entered.
Would you pls email me a copy of the full submission as submitted? Thank you in advance.